Thursday 2 August 2012

Worcestershire Poet Laureate

Well, guess who is the second poet laureate and FIRST female poet laureate of Worcestershire?  Yes, it is me!  In mid June this year I was again a finalist for Bard of Worcestershire and, despite stiff competition, I won the laureateship.  It has been a bit of a roller coaster since then as my time is now committed to various events for which I have to write poems and stories; I am also appearing with my wonderful co-Decadent Poetry Divas at the Birmingham ArtsFest in September, getting ready for the winter season of Murder Mystery plays performed by the extremely talented Worcester Pub Theatre Group, of which I am a member, which commences at the end of October and runs through to March 2013 - performances weekly in Shropshire; my first book is due out in late summer and I am still me, writing as me!  Fortunately, retirement is not a word understood in our household!

I now have another blog spot as Poet Laureate which can be found at worcspoetlaureate.com.  More news and info about me, events and the Worcestershire Literary Festival.  Pop over and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment